Black & Decker The Complete Photo Guide to Home Repair pdf
Black & Decker The Complete Photo Guide to Home Repair with 350 Projects and 2000 Photos. 2008 | HQ PDF | 560 pages
High thresholds often indicate that several layers of flooring have already been installed on top of one another. If you have several layers, it’s best to remove them before installing the new floor covering.
Buckling in solid hardwood floors indicates that the boards have loosened from the subfloor. Do not remove hardwood floors. Instead, refasten loose boards by drilling pilot holes and inserting flooring nails or screws. New carpet can be installed right over a well-fastened hardwood floor. New ceramic tile or resilient flooring should be installed over underlayment placed on the hardwood flooring.
Loose tiles may indicate widespread failure of the adhesive. Use a wallboard knife to test tiles. If tiles can be pried up easily in many different areas of the room, plan to remove all of the flooring.
Air bubbles trapped under resilient sheet flooring indicate that the adhesive has failed. The old flooring must be removed before the new covering can be installed.
Cracks in grout joints around ceramic tile are a sign that movement of the floor covering has caused, or has been caused by, deterioration of the adhesive layer. If more than 10% of the tiles are loose, remove the old flooring. Evaluate the condition of the underlayment (see opposite page) to determine if it also must be removed.
- 100 Decorating Ideas Big Style for Small Rooms - 2011 (1)
- Australian Handyman July 2011 (1)
- Best Contemporary Country Houses pdf (1)
- Black Decker The Complete Photo Guide to Home Repair with 350 Projects and 2000 Photos (1)
- cardboard (1)
- cordless drill (1)
- DIY (2)
- DIY wood door for storage sheds (1)
- Doors (2)
- Double doors (1)
- Double Hung Windows (1)
- Garage solutions Australian Handyman - July 2011 (1)
- Garden Windows (1)
- Gary Takle: Houses I Love pdf (1)
- hammer (1)
- Handyman AU Aug 2012 - Outdoor projects (1)
- House Windows (5)
- How to (2)
- How to change a pair of PVC window hinges (1)
- How to fix doors swinging open (1)
- Ideal Home Magazine – September 2012 (1)
- Ideal Home October 2011 pdf magazine (1)
- Interior Design MAG - October 1 2012 (1)
- pdf magazine (9)
- screwdriver (2)
- The Family Handyman - July/ August 2011 (1)
- Transom windows (4)
- window hinges (1)
- woo (1)